Self Storage Insurance Coverage Summary
Our insurance program is a “Board Form” coverage designed to protect your personal goods against loss or damage while in our self storage facility in accordance with the terms of our Use Agreement. The coverage is as follows:
- Maximum of $5,000 per unit
- $500 deductible applicable per claim
Our insurance program provides coverage for such things as:
- Water Damage
- Flood from a natural or man-made body of water
Our insurance program does not cover the following:
- Growing plants, trees, shrubs, flowers, etc.
- Live animals, fish or birds
- Money, cash, bullion, precious metals, coins, stamps, etc.
- Automobiles, watercraft, aircraft, trailers, snowmobiles, motors, etc.
- Furs, fur garments, jewels, jewellery, costume jewellery, watches, pearls,
- precious or semi-precious stones, etc.
- Property on loan or rental, under conditional sale, etc.
- Property illegally acquired, kept, stored or transported, etc.
- Mould, fungi or fungal derivatives
- Damage as a result of humidity or change in temperature
- Damage from rodents, insects or vermin
- Damage by you to your own goods
- Loss of data
- Dishonest or criminal acts
- Reproduction of documents and records
- Keep a list and/or pictures of the items you are storing in our facility.
- Keep receipts or proof of purchase where possible.
- If you are storing goods valued in excess of $5,000 please contact your insurance broker/agent to arrange coverage through your home or business insurance policy.
Disclaimer: The coverage’s are described in everyday language; for details refer to the policy contract wordings.